End-feed Shuttles with 2 Different Tensioning Systems
- The Honex tensioner really excels with smooth, evenly spun yarns in a wide range of sizes from very fine silk to 3/2 Perle cotton.
- Bluster Bay's traditional hook and eye tensioner works well with handspun or slubby yarns, as well as most commercially spun yarn.
HONEX TENSIONED END-FEED BOAT SHUTTLES
- Very easy to thread
- Well balanced
- Very fine tension adjustment to handle a wide range of yarn weights
- Available with either open or closed bottoms
11″ Honex Tensioned End-Feed Boat Shuttles
This is a smaller Honex tensioned end-feed shuttle than any others we’ve found. Depending upon the wood choice they can also be very lightweight. These end-feed shuttles are perfect for:
- Fine, smooth yarn
- Use with any kind of loom, including table looms or floor looms with small sheds
- Weavers with small hands
These shuttles are 11.5 inches long, 1.625 inches wide and 1.25 inches tall. The aluminium spindles are spring-loaded and designed to carry our lightweight and inexpensive tapered paper pirns.
EF-11-O-Hx 11-inch open bottom, Honex tensioned
EF-11-C-Hx 11-inch closed bottom, Honex tensioned
Each Honex tensioned shuttle is shipped with an Allen wrench for adjusting the tensioner.
15″ Honex Tensioned End-Feed Boat Shuttles
Bluster Bays 15-inch end-feed shuttles are a bit smaller than the original 15″ hook-tensioned shuttles. They are just a little narrower, a bit shorter and not quite as wide. The bronze spindles are spring-loaded and designed to carry the new Bluster Bay brand plastic 8″ pirns.
EF-15-O-Hx 15-inch open bottom, Honex tensioned
EF-15-C-Hx 15-inch closed bottom, Honex tensioned
Shipped with an Allen wrench for adjusting the tensioner.