The Next Generation Louet Spring
The Louet Spring 2 countermarch floor loom is available in a 90cm and 110cm (35 3/8" and 43 1/4′′) weaving width. The Louet Spring can be ordered as an eight or twelve shaft option with a four-shaft upgrade kit available for the eight shaft at a later date. The Louet Spring features a parallel countermarch system and moving breast beam for even warp tension control.
The Louet Spring floor loom features innovations that are sure to meet weavers high expectations regarding functionality and quality. Making or changing a tie-up on the Spring is very easy, simply hook the pre-cut Texsolv loop cords over the desired screws. A friction brake allows the weaver to advance the warp while remaining in a seated position avoiding the need to move to the rear of the loom to advance the warp. The beater height is adjustable allowing for optimum positioning when weaving.
The Louet Spring is made of lacquered beech and comes with the castle section pre-assembled to ease the assembly process. Like many of Louet's loom, the Spring features a built-in raddle on top of the castle alongside a storage shelf. A 40-10 (10 dpi) stainless steel weaving reed, 800 or 1200 Texsolv heddles (390 mm), tie-up and lease sticks and sixteen warp sticks are included as standard with the Spring.
What's New for the Spring 2
The Spring 2 has been designed to make using and customising your loom easier.
- Easy removal and addition of Texsolv heddles. The new design allows the shaft bars to be easily removed while ensuring the cords remain attached and in position.
- Extra room on shafts for extra heddles.
- The new warp beam has a provision to allow for 4 sectional warp rails (the original model had 3) which have been made to easily attach to your loom.
Easier removal of the beater.
- The top rail now attached with screw knobs.
- Sliding cover for the raddle to ensure yarn stays in its place.
- Redesign of lamb positions to give easier access to the tieing of the loom.
- Slightly larger timber sizes used on mainframe
- Larger ratchet wheel
- Hinged connection on floating back beam
More on the Spring's Moving Breast Beam
The moving breast beams are unique to Louet looms and ensure that the warp remains at an even tension throughout the weaving process. The system results in larger sheds right to the end of the warp minimising loom waste.
Louet Spring Accessories
Shipping and Freight
Thread Collective has established relationships with some of Australia's top courier services. In most cases, we are able to offer inclusive shipping with the exception of some rural areas, WA, NT and some parts of TAS. To confirm a shipping price please email us directly.
Spring 90: 120 x 94 x 115 cm (46” x 37” x 45 1/4”)
Spring 110: 140 x 94 x 115 cm (53” x 37” x 45 1/4”)
Spring 90: 43 kg (95 lb)
Spring 110: 50 kg (110 lb)
Add 5.5 kg (12 lb) for an extension set
For assembly instructions refer to the Spring brochure
Unless an item is in stock, prices are an estimate only.